Role: Press and Digital Officer for the Scottish Parliamentary Labour Group
Salary: £31,800 pa
Location: Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated individual to work for the Scottish Parliamentary Labour Group in the Scottish Parliament, working as part of the Communications Team and servicing the press, broadcasting and social media needs of the group.
Key aspects of the post are as follows:-
- Liaising effectively with all sections of the media including political and specialist journalists and spokespeople for external organisations.
- Drafting and editing press releases, comment articles, statements, and other materials for print, broadcast or online audiences on behalf of the Parliamentary Group and Shadow Cabinet.
- Generating pro-active coverage for the Scottish Parliamentary Labour Group and producing high quality press briefings.
- Monitoring the media and facilitating media bids, keeping the Scottish Parliamentary Labour Group briefed and up to date on developments.
- Producing up to date social media posts to promote the work of the Leader, Shadow Cabinet and Parliamentary Group.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Work in a flexible and confidential manner at all times and as part of the team in support of the Scottish Parliamentary Labour Group.
Applications with a covering letter and CV should be submitted by email to James Kelly MSP at email@example.com
Closing date for applications – 4th August 2017.